Saturday, January 22, 2011

NRJ Music Awards and P3 Guldgalan

I guess tonight was "big Saturday" with a couple of major music awards ceremonies, so firstly here are the results of the NRJ Music Awards, held (as ever) in Cannes tonight:

Francophone Revelation of the Year: Joyce Jonathan
International Revelation of the Year: Justin Bieber
Francophone Female Artist of the Year: Jenifer
International Female Artist of the Year: Shakira
Francophone Male Artist of the Year: M. Pokora
International Male Artist of the Year: Usher
Francophone Group/Duo of the Year: Justin Nozuka & Zaho
International Group/Duo of the Year: The Black Eyed Peas
Francophone Song of the Year: M. Pokora - "Juste Une Photo De Toi"
International Song of the Year: Shakira - "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)"
Concert of the Year: The Black Eyed Peas
Music Video of the Year: Lady Gaga & Beyonce - "Telephone"
Hit of the Year: Flo Rida feat. David Guetta - Club Can't Handle Me
NRJ Award of Honour: David Guetta

So...shamefully I've been out of the loop as far as French music goes, over the last couple of years so many of the nominees didn't really mean anything to me. However I'm very familiar with the names of the winners...Matt Pokora is still as popular as ever. Although "Juste Une Photo de Toi" is OK I guess, it doesn't excite me in the way that, say, "Elle Me Controle" or "Dangerous" did (and still do) but that's probably more to do with the fact that I'm really, really, REALLY fed up with landfill r'n'b - in any language - please make it stop! Although I'd probably take Matt over all the British rubbish if I had to choose.

Very happy for Jenifer though, even though she beat my all-time fave French female Mylene. Talking of whom, she made her long-awaited appearance tonight - but why did she have to spoil it by miming? At least Jenifer sang live!

Oh, and major points deducted for those awards to the Black Eyed Peas - a band I used to like, believe it or not, but now I hate them with a passion.

Meanwhile, over in Gothenburg it was time for the P3 Guldgalan - and (of course) it was Robyn's big night...

Here are the winners:

Guldmicken (Best live artist): Robyn

Best artist: Robyn

Best song: "Dancing on my own" - Robyn

Best group: Johnossi

Best newcomer: Tove Styrke

Best dance act: Skudge

Best hiphop/soul: CarlitoBest pop: This Is Head

Best rock/metal: Khoma

One of the more fascinating things about this award ceremony was Orup and the Spiderdogs' medley of the Best Song nominees - click on the link at http://sverigesradio.se/sida/default.aspx?programid=3964

No comments: