Sunday, August 09, 2015

Holiday news


Just as a follow-up to my previous post,  I'd finally like to report that in a few weeks we will be going on holiday to Port de Pollença, (better known as Puerto Pollensa) which is a pretty little resort in the north of Mallorca, which I've read and heard a lot of good things about.  Believe it or not, this will be my first ever Spanish resort holiday!  We've only ever gone on holiday together to Spanish cities like Barcelona and Palma.

I've had a few comments over the last few days that this upcoming holiday is more "conventional" than usual!  That may be true - and it's a big change telling people where you're going and they don't automatically ask "where's that?".  However, after the trauma of recent weeks it's the type of holiday I need right now, even if we're not the conventional sunworshipping resort-y travellers.  I'm reliably informed that PP (as it shall be known here from now on!) has a laid-back cafe/restaurant culture and has more of a Spanish feel than some other resorts on the island.  And yes, you can look forward to reading my usual holiday diaries on here :)

Finally, just one more thing - as you'll understand, I'm going through a pretty bad time just now so haven't really had the energy to get all those outstanding blog posts written.  But they will be published eventually, please bear with me.

No comments: