Friday, October 14, 2011

This week's "Idol" songs

Courtesy of Aftonbladet, here's what the contestants will be singing this week...you'll have guessed that the theme is Swedish-language hits.

ANDRÉ: Lilla Lady - Daniel Adams-Ray
MOLLY: Satan I Gatan - Veronica Maggio
ROBIN: Alla Vill Till Himmelen Men Ingen Vill Dö - Timbuktu
AMANDA P: Utan Dina Andetag - Kent
MOA: Vem Ska Jag Tro På – Tomas DiLeva
AMANDA F: Det Hon Vill Ha – Plura
EMIL: Jag Är En Vampyr – Markus Krunegård
OLLE: 17år - Veronica Maggio
LINNI: Om Sanningen Ska Fram - Eric Amarillo
DENISE: Från Och Med Du - Oskar Linnros

I'm still not too excited by this year's line-up of contestants, but it's early days and that might change. Or maybe not. They are all extremely young - especially this year's favourite Molly Pettersson Hammar, who is only 15 years old!! When did this become Junior Idol???

3 comments:

Damian said...

Junior Idol - exactly what I thought! :) I thought it's only me who has problem with the age of this year's line-up but yesterday have caught on Rabih Jaber the same opinion. Didn't even write reviews being such a huge fan of last seasons. Still I think guys show really good vocals but they're just kids coming to karaoke, they don't realize what they're about as artists and I directly can't see future of any, they're just not unique pop-products in Sweden. I think Moa with her special voice will be able to make career but she also needs time to grow to be taken seriously by audience and to establish her artistic concept.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

I know exactly what you mean. I can't see any of this group becoming either a massive pop star or a credible artist. None of them are anything really special. Whilst I think this year's winner will be female, she won't be an Agnes, Tove or Linnea that's for sure!

Maria said...

I like Robin a lot, this guy can really sing and he's 20 years old so he's got something to deliver, which the others don't because they are too young. I think Robin will grow as a performer during the competition. *If* he is allowed to stay, because people are very mean to him about his appearance, clothes etc (especially Alexander Bard). I think Robin looks lovely though. He is absolutely the best of the guys! But he won't win. Amanda F is the artistic one, and Molly has a great voice and soul feeling which I love. Moa will be better when she's older I think, she definatly will have a music career of some sort. I'm guessing Molly or Amanda F will win. A very different Idol competition than last year, I loved last year's competitors, but this year they are just too young. Robin is the only one I can really connect with...