Sunday, January 26, 2014

...and more wonderful wonderful travel news!

We are finally going to Copenhagen for a short break in May!  All those years ago when we started going on city breaks all over Europe, Copenhagen was always one of the original destinations on the wish list, but for various reasons we never made it there. 

After developing a bit of a Danish obsession over the last couple of years, I'm really looking forward to discovering the capital city and time permitting, maybe even travelling on "The Bridge" for a day trip to Malmö! 

Of course there is something big happening in Copenhagen in May, but we won't be there during Eurovision week, for a combination of reasons which I won't bore you with here, but one of them was that the hiked-up hotel prices would probably have blown our holiday budget for the year!  Anyway I'll just be happy to read about all your adventures if any of you lovely readers are over there for the contest. 

Looking forward to doing all the usual touristy things!  Oh, and if the stories are true about ridiculously good looking people (Alex Hjort lookalikes...yum), I think our people-watching will be even more fun than usual :))

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

Aaaaah I'm so happy for you! And yes,the stories are true ;)

Also,if you find yourself short of things to do in the evenings,I highly recommend the Library Bar in the Plaza Hotel- it's right near the station,their cocktails are lovely and it's so relaxed and cosy,or should I say "hygge" :)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

That sounds just perfect...I could be doing with some "hygge" at the moment as covering my sick boss's job as well as doing my own has left me mega-stressed out and desperate for a holiday!