Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bressie calls time on his solo music career

Regular readers will be aware that over the last couple of years I became a fan of Irish singer/songwriter Niall Breslin, better known as Bressie.  After an excellent debut album "Colourblind Stereo", I had high hopes for his career.  He joined the panel on The Voice of Ireland which brought him to the attention of a new audience.  However, "Rage and Romance" proved to live up to that 'difficult second album' tag and in my 2013-50 post at the end of last year, I said: "Bressie's second album was one of my most long-awaited in a long time, yet it failed to live up to the anticipation.  The first single from it, the glam rock-influenced "Show Me Love" only managed to scrape into my chart, and despite his continued exposure as a judge on "The Voice of Ireland" I just wonder where his solo career will go from here".

Last week, that question was answered.  Bressie announced on his website http://www.bressiemusic.com/ that he is 'parking' his solo career for the foreseeable future.  He went on to say that he never fully settled as a solo artist and preferred his time performing with previous band The Blizzards. 

With regard to future plans, Bressie said:

"Musically, I have many plans for the future that will be revealed at a more appropriate date. For the immediate future my plans are to concentrate on the production and song writing side of things, developing and working with artists that excite me. My long term dream is to set up a production team and studio in Dublin and in the meantime I’m going to focus on the TV side of things with “The Voice” and now “Teenage Kicks” as well as some other exciting projects including training for an Ironman Triathlon in Austria this May. It’s certainly enough to keep me occupied. :-)
Once again, thank you sincerely for your support and understanding and I promise you that I will be performing and making albums at some stage in the near future."

Teenage Kicks is a new RTE show which will follow Bressie to Limerick to form a new band. 


Bressie, I wish you well in all your future plans and adventures, developing and supporting new talent...and hopefully you'll return to the recording studio some day.  All the best!

No comments: