Saturday, January 16, 2010

This week's playlist: There's no regret, at least not yet

Take You Home - A1: they have made a very nice transition from boyband to man-band. I really like this, it's a solid pop track which I'm playing a lot. Looking forward to them in MGP!

Ambitions - Donkeyboy: still on a Norwegian theme, this remains a very addictive track and has been getting lots of play at EuropeCrazy HQ over the last 4 weeks.

Morning After Dark - Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado & SoShy: I'm surprised this didn't do better in our top 40 chart - it deserved better after all, when you think that autotuned rubbish like Iyaz can get to no.1 !!

Appetite - Prefab Sprout: a true blast from the past, and a real classic. I don't know the reason why, but for some reason I want to listen to lots of Prefab Sprout again. And no autotune in sight.

Over You - Erik Gronwall: these are good times for Chris Daughtry, as his songs are covered by Westlife ("What About Now") and this one, which appears on the debut album by the latest Swedish Idol winner. Very nice. And yes, I (finally) got into "Higher" too!

Walking In Memphis - Calle Kristiansson: another cover version, this time by the Swedish Idol runner-up. Proof that you can't keep a good song down.

Ten out of Ten - Paolo Nutini: this is such a catchy song! And don't be put off by the fact that it's currently in one of those DFS furniture commercials - it's a top tune. Great fun.

Heaven or Hell - Osmo Ikonen: whether or not he'll win his Finnish national selection for Eurovision is irrelevant - but his musical talent is indisputable. This may not be as legendary as "Speakerbox" but it's still very good indeed.

1 comment:

Poster Girl said...

I love that a1 song. I've always thought they were a great group, but even I didn't expect their comeback song to be as good as it is. I hope their MGP entry is of equal (or better!) quality.