Sunday, March 13, 2011

A hundred thousand reasons to say....thank you!!

I'm posting from my sick bed today, as I've got a cold, a very sore throat and sore ears, so this has cheered me up!

As if reaching the four-year mark wasn't enough reason to celebrate, now more good news. Last night this blog reached the grand total of 100,000 visitors. I'm pretty overwhelmed by this statistic as you'll probably guess. When I started this blog, I didn't expect that anyone would ever read it, so I'm delighted that so many of you have passed this way, read the posts, left your comments. If you found this blog by chance, then I hope you found what you were looking for and maybe liked what you saw and stayed around for a while.

I've said it before, but the best thing about blogging over the past four years has been getting to know so many lovely people out there in blogland. Where I previously felt as if no-one else shared my interests, blogging has made me feel like part of a big happy family. Like all families of course, we don't always agree, or we agree to differ, but it's still great to be part of this community.

So thank you all, a hundred thousand times over!

(Statistical info supplied by Sitemeter)

4 comments:

Poster Girl said...

Wow--congratulations! Two big achievements, and how serendipitous that they should fall nearly at the same time.

So sorry you're sick--I hope you feel better soon. Your unique voice in the blogging world is so special and welcome that I'd hate to imagine you without a real voice for a few days ;)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

What beautiful and kind comments, they really cheered me up today. You've always been a great supporter of my work on this blog and you give me so much inspiration, as well as introducing me to so much great new music.

At least it's only a cold and I've been able to rest at home so hoping to be better in a day or two.

I had checked Sitemeter and noticed that the figures were rising...just missed out on the same-day anniversary but I'm so happy to reach that big number :))

Damian said...

Congratulations about so many visitors and 4 years, was in Stockholm so couldn't send it in time. Really proud that yur work is appreciated by so many people and hope it'll be giving you inspiration further and you'll get well very-very soon! Cheers my dear friend!

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Hello again Damian and a big big welcome back from Stockholm - I've just been reading about it over at Swedish Stereo and it sounds like you had an amazing time.

Went into work yesterday but was sent home sick and slept for most of the day and night. Today I went back to work as I'm finally recovering from this bad cold and feeling a lot better now. Although my ears are blocked and I can't hear very much, so I'll just have to turn up the music :)))