Friday, February 19, 2010

This weekend....

Melodifestivalen week 3. The circus has rolled into Gothenburg this week, and despite it being an eagerly awaited contest, Markus Larsson in Aftonbladet has given his views on the songs:http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/melodifestivalen2010/article6629021.ab

His verdict would appear to be.....meh. (I wonder if there is a Swedish word for "meh"?)

Yes, Darin has the best song ("You're Out Of My Life"), but Mr L says it's not an MF winner; whilst Alcazar's "Headlines" may grow in stature when performed on stage. Otherwise he's not too enthusiastic.

We'll all form our own opinions when the song-clips are revealed on SVT's website later today, and I'll be back here tonight to give my views on what I've heard. Here's hoping they're all better than last week's songs...!

3 comments:

Raquelita said...

It's probably the same word,just spelt määäh :)

As much as I can't stand MF,at least it's all organised well- I'm following BBCEurovision on twitter and it just seems to be a big shambles.Apart from the great news that Pete Waterman is writing the song,that's pretty much all we know.Just seems a bit poor after last year's efforts,I started to believe they were going to take it a bit more seriously from now on.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Määäh :)))) that's given me the biggest giggle I've had all day!!

Yes get a move on BBC! I fear the worst now...

Keira said...

Me too! I was belittling the Finnish entry to one of my Finnish friends last night, and so she just said 'well whats the UK doing then?' I was like, hmm, ok, good point. I shouldn't judge until I know how bad our song is going to be. And given it appears to be a last minute rush job, I don't have high hopes.