Sunday, December 30, 2007

Swedish Grammys - Nominations Shortlist and Predictions (long post!!)

The final shortlist of nominations for the Swedish Grammys (9th January, counting the days...) was announced three days ago, and here they are, along with my predictions. I am trying to remain objective here!

Best Album
KENT – TILLBAKA TILL SAMTIDEN
LARS WINNERBÄCK – DAUGAVA
SAHARA HOTNIGHTS – WHAT IF LEAVING IS A LOVING THING
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM
SÄKERT! – SÄKERT!

Prediction: Salem should win this of course, but I think Kent will probably run away with this category, only because of their massive popularity. I won't really mind though if they win it - but why did The Ark's "Prayer For The Weekend" miss out on the final 5?

Best Dance/Hip Hop/Soul
ADAM TENSTA – IT’S A TENSTA THING
FAMILJEN – DET SNURRAR I MIN SKALLE
KEN – ÄNTLIGEN HEMMA
MANGE SCHMIDT – KÄNSLAN KOMMER TILLBAKS
PETTER – GOD DAMN IT

Prediction: A category I know nothing about, so I have no preference. I'd guess that Petter or Mange Schmidt would win as they seem to be the most popular.

Best Dansband/Schlager
BENNY ANDERSSONS ORKESTER/H. SJÖHOLM & T. KÖRBERG – BAO 3
DRIFTERS – ETT LIV MED DIG
LASSE STEFANZ – VAGABOND
MAGNUS CARLSSON – LIVE FOREVER - THE ALBUM
NANNE – JAG MÅSTE KYSSA DIG

Prediction: I'd love Magnus to win, but the public are likely to show their love for Nanne.

Best Group
KENT – TILLBAKA TILL SAMTIDEN
MANDO DIAO – NEVER SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY
SAHARA HOTNIGHTS – WHAT IF LEAVING IS A LOVING THING
THE ARK – PRAYER FOR THE WEEKEND
THE HIVES – THE BLACK AND WHITE ALBUM

Prediction: Very likely Kent. You know I like Kent, but I love The Ark more so I hope they win this one.

Best Hard Rock
ENTOMBED – SERPENT SAINTS
HARDCORE SUPERSTAR – DREAMIN’ IN A CASKET
LILLASYSTER – HJÄRNDÖD MUSIK FÖR EN HJÄRNDÖD GENERATION
MUSTASCH – LATEST VERSION OF THE TRUTH
TAKIDA – BURY THE LIES

Prediction: A category I know nothing about, I don't know any of the bands so I can't predict this one.

Best Composer
ANNIKA NORLIN – SÄKERT!
BENNY ANDERSSON – BAO 3
JOAKIM BERG & MARTIN SKÖLD – TILLBAKA TILL SAMTIDEN
OLA SALO – PRAYER FOR THE WEEKEND
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM

Prediction: Given the incredible musical diversity on his album, I can't see past Salem Al Fakir for this one.

Best Female Artist
ANNA JÄRVINEN – JAG FICK FEELING
LALEH – PRINSESSOR
MISS LI – GOD PUT A RAINBOW IN THE SKY
SONJA ALDÉN – TILL DIG
SÄKERT! – SÄKERT!

Prediction: Annika Norlin a.k.a. Säkert will win this, no question.

Best Live Act
LARS WINNERBÄCK
LENA PH & ORUP
TAKIDA
THE HIVES
TIMBUKTU

Prediction: I'd like to see Lena & Orup win this for sentimental reasons, but it's The Hives all the way.

Best Song
LARS WINNERBÄCK I DUETT MED MISS LI – OM DU LÄMNADE MIG NU
MANGE SCHMIDT FEAT. PETTER – GIFTIG
SAHARA HOTNIGHTS – CHEEK TO CHEEK
SALEM AL FAKIR – GOOD SONG
THE ARK – THE WORRYING KIND

Prediction: I'm shocked that Martin Stenmarck's "100 År Från Nu" and Mans Zelmerlöw's "Cara Mia" missed out on the final 5. You probably think it's just favouritism here, but I genuinely think "Good Song" will do it.

Best Male Artist
LARS WINNERBÄCK – DAUGAVA
MONEYBROTHER – MOUNT PLEASURE
MÅNS ZELMERLÖW – STAND BY FOR…
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM
TIMBUKTU – OBEROENDEFRAMKALLANDE

Prediction: You know who I want to win, but I think the inexplicably popular Lars Winnerbäck will get the award.

Best Newcomer
ADAM TENSTA – IT’S A TENSTA THING
MAIA HIRASAWA – THOUGH, I’M JUST ME
OH LAURA – A SONG INSIDE MY HEAD, A DEMON IN MY BED
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM
SÄKERT! – SÄKERT!

Prediction: Salem Al Fakir! Not just because I want him to win, but because I know he will get this one.

Best Producer
BENNY ANDERSSON – BAO 3
BJÖRN OLSSON – NEVER SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY
BJÖRN YTTLING – WRITER´S BLOCK & WHAT IF LEAVING IS A LOVING THING
JON JOSHUA SCHUMAN & KENT – TILLBAKA TILL SAMTIDEN
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM

Prediction: Schuman and Kent I reckon, but if it was my choice....well you know who.

Best Lyricist
ANNIKA NORLIN – SÄKERT!
EVA DAHLGREN – PETROLEUM OCH TÅNG
JASON DIAKITÉ – OBEROENDEFRAMKALLANDE
JOAKIM BERG – TILLBAKA TILL SAMTIDEN
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM

Prediction: Where is Ola Salo - the best lyricist in Sweden? Why is he not here? Oh well it'll just have to be Joakim Berg then.

MTV Prize for Best Video
ADAM TENSTA - MY COOL (REGI: MARCUS LUNDIN)
FAMILJEN - DET SNURRAR I MIN SKALLE (REGI:JOHAN SÖDERBERG)
KENT - INGENTING (REGI: MATTIAS MONTERO/ADAM BERG)
SLAGSMÅLSKLUBBEN - MALMÖ BEACH NIGHT PARTY (REGI:ANDREAS NILSSON)
THE ARK - PRAYER FOR THE WEEKEND (REGI:MAGNUS RENFORS/KINDPEOPLE)

Prediction: The Ark will have to get an award one way or another, so give them this one!

No comments: