Friday, April 24, 2009

The things you discover on a Friday night whilst looking for French music....!

As if a good new Calogero album isn't enough, I've just found out that Emmanuel Moire has a new album out too, "L'équilibre" is its name, it was released last week.

Emmanuel has had a drastic image change since his last album, he's shaved off all his hair :( you know I don't go for that look, but strangely enough he seems to carry it off....!

Anyway let's focus on the music (based on the short clips available at http://musique.fnac.com/a2639687/Emmanuel-Moire-L-equilibre-Inclus-DVD-bonus-CD-album?Mn=-1&Mu=-13&Ra=-28&To=0&Nu=1&Fr=0)

There's a more contemporary electro-pop production this time which may win him some new fans. It may be a little overproduced at times, verging on my pet-hate-of-the-moment (the dreaded autotune) however it's really good to hear him trying a more updated style. He is a very good and talented singer and deserves success with his second album.

(Yet again) more to follow...

2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

I'm not sure why, but this post has suddenly made me very interested in hearing the album! I'm off to listen to the preview clips right now. I know his name but couldn't sing any of his songs--electro-pop IS a pretty big switch away from what I associate him with, though!

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

It's a big big change for him, coming from a musical like "Le Roi Soleil" and then releasing a (pretty conventional) French pop album ...I really wasn't prepared for this but it's a pleasant surprise.

Maybe he realised that he needed to up his game a little as his "Le Roi Soleil" co-star Christophe Mae became a bigger star?