Sunday, December 13, 2009

The 2009-50: No.4 - Don't want to talk, all I hear is noise


"Standing on the Shore" - Empire of the Sun.

You'll have guessed by now just how much I absolutely loved Empire of the Sun this year! Like most of the bands/singers I like these days, they take old influences and blend them with something completely new. Luke Steele has such a distinctive voice, and they have a sound all their own.

As with most of the songs in the upper reaches of my chart, there was no doubt from the minute their album was released that this song would figure in my top 10 songs of the year.

There's a weird and wonderful video for this (which I previously did a blog post about a few months ago) and if you haven't seen it yet then go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ltRV41TXO4 and, well, just be amazed.

No comments: