Saturday, March 20, 2010

This week's playlist: But once again the sun is rising....

Keep On Walking/Brooklyn Sun/Virgin Mary/This Is For/Bloody Breakfast/I'm So Happy/Red Rock/4 O'Clock/Split My Personality - Salem Al Fakir: you didn't think I would "Ignore This", did you???? :))) New album. Pretty fabulous too. And I'm going over to Sweden to see him in concert next week. Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling.

Unstoppable (The Return of Natalie) - Ola: officially my second-favourite song in Melodifestivalen 2010. And this song is taking on an ever so contagious role....

Down - Jay Sean: it's not exactly topical, but I find myself listening to this more and more.

A Place To Stay - Jenny Silver: maybe not quite right for Melodifestivalen, but getting more irresistibly hypnotic as the weeks go on...

Sucker For Love - Pauline: a particular favourite at EuropeCrazy HQ over the last 2 weeks. If Amy Winehouse was to compete in MF it may just sound something like this! It should have gone to the final.

My Destiny - Velvet: been listening to Rix FM and they've been playing this a lot. Effortless Euro-dance-pop. My kind of thing.

You're Out Of My Life - Darin: this is actually taking on a post-MF life for me, even though it's not usually what I like, as I prefer him more uptempo - but the whole 'I'm wounded and it hurts' thing seems to have the desired emotional effect this week.

Bad Romance - Lady GaGa: I had a little technological breakthrough this week: every time one of my calendar-reminders goes off on my phone, it plays this song. GaGa, ooh la la indeed. Decided this is probably one of the best pop songs of our time.

Ambitions - Donkeyboy: It's recently been a massive hit in Sweden for this great Norwegian combo. What a brilliant song - I never get tired of it, and don't think I ever will.

On A Mission - Gabriella Cilmi: still liking this, although had to have a break for a while as I overplayed it. Pretty great though. Looking forward to her album.

Yes Man - Bjorn Johan Muri: "My Heart Is Yours" may have triumphed in Norway's MGP this year but this has been the real commercial success. Very nice pop song it is too.

No comments: