Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Playlist: May 2011

Silhouettes - Avicii featuring Salem Al Fakir: You won't be surprised to see this on my playlist! A cracking dance track by Tim Berg, and the vocalist's not half bad either :))) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtQBFmdjLtg

Higher - Taio Cruz & Kylie Minogue: Yes I know I was late to this one, but it's one of the best things he's done in ages and not even the hideous Travie McCoy can spoil it.

Walking In The Rain - Flash & The Pan: a forgotten old obscure gem restored to my memory thanks to it being used in a car ad.

Without You/Walking On A Dream - Empire of the Sun: rediscovering them once again. Actually, forget that, because I never stopped listening to them.

Don't Know Why - Soundgirl: very clever use of Carly Simon's "Why" sample. It's got 'summer hit' written all over it: now all we need is the weather.

Love In Rewind - Dino Merlin
New Tomorrow - A Friend In London
So Lucky - Zdob zi Zdub
Coming Home - Sjonni's Friends
Get You - Alexey Vorobyov
Angel In Disguise - Musiqq:
All the songs I played after Eurovision was over.

Lifeline - Jamiroquai: heard it a lot in Pisa and realised I liked it more than I initially did.

Indestructible/Hang With Me - Robyn: still liking these.

Give A Little - Hanson: ooh look they've grown up into big grown-up men now!! This is a nice catchy pop song.

Bullets - Rebecca & Fiona: no, I'm still not tired of this one.

No comments: