Tuesday, December 06, 2011

The 2011-50: No.5 - It's Friday night, I barely made it through this week

"In The Club" - Danny Saucedo.

OK, what I'm about to say may sound contradictory, but I hope you understand what I mean. "In The Club" may not have turned out to be my favourite Melodifestivalen song of the past 12 months, but it was the one which I most wanted to win that contest.

Despite following Melodifestivalen for more years than I can remember, I still can’t figure out why the results end up the way they do. No offence to Eric, who achieved a very respectable result at Eurovision, but I still believe this should have won MF 2011. Just as 'second time around' was lucky for young Mr Saade, then it might well be the case for Danny as he's having another attempt at the contest in a few weeks' time.

In a year when every second song seemed to be about being "on the floor" or "in the club", Danny actually managed to make the concept interesting and was vocally spot on.

Melodifestivalen performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or_ZIe_-nJw

1 comment:

embry said...

Actually we'll keep our fingers crossed for Charlotte.This is how I describe Danny performance in MF 2011-The coregraphy was very interesting and complicated, he sang well with his good voice(stop saying he was great vocally-great vocally is only Boccelli and other big stars), but there was a big thing missing-a good song.The fact that now every second is about being on the floor or in the club and it happened that he sang about this doesn't make is song good, cause it's not.Greetings from Romania