Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Nice Diaries: Day 4: Thursday 13th September 2012

Our last day in Nice, and it's sunny, bright and beautiful yet again.  After breakfast we hit the shops one last time and I buy a nautical-style Nice souvenir T-shirt.  I know that's a bit cheesy, but it had to be done. 

Down to the seafront to sit in the "shelter" for a while.  The beach is packed, and I still don't know why as it must be very uncomfortable sunbathing on those pebbles!  But then I see that some very smart people have folding padded mats which they lie on, rather than towels.  Problem solved.  And if you're one of those millionaire-types you don't have anything to worry about, as there's always one of the private beaches (pictured below)


In my earlier post I mentioned the planes flying in and out of Nice airport.  Here's another one.  Although you may need a microscope or a magnifying glass to see it!


For our final lunch in Nice, we go back to the same restaurant we had lunch in yesterday (pizza again) and in the afternoon we go for a final walk and spend some time in our favourite park, the Albert 1er gardens, which faces the promenade. 

Sadly all good things must come to an end, and so by late afternoon we collected our suitcases from the hotel, boarded the no. 98 bus and made our way back to the airport for our evening flight home.  Our holiday in Nice may have been very short, but it was very sweet indeed, and I can't wait to get back there again someday. 

So that's it for our 2012 holidays then.  These are uncertain times for a number of different reasons, but all things being well (crossing fingers and everything else) I'm hoping that we get away again next year.  All I'll say at the moment is that in my mind I'm planning something a bit different, something big....but you know what they say about the best laid plans etc etc so only time will tell if that works out!  If it doesn't, I'm sure there will still be some interesting destinations to choose from (who said Turkey again??)

No comments: