Tuesday, March 10, 2015

What do you mean, this blog is 8 years old tomorrow ????

Where have all those years gone?  On the one hand, it feels like only yesterday when I was taking those early steps into blogland; on the other hand, it's like a lifetime ago.

The world is a different place now, from when I started this blog in March 2007, and one of the things which particularly saddens me is the increasing 'globalisation' of music and popular culture in our continent over the past few years.  Europe has such a rich and diverse mix of music and artists who have to take a backseat to the overrated global successes.  I just have to work a lot harder now to find any music I like, outside Eurovision/national finals season!  Luckily that's not so difficult, thanks to other bloggers and/or Twitter.

I won't go into personal stuff here (Random Ramblings is for that) but suffice to say that the last couple of years have been particularly difficult; this has impacted on the amount of time I can devote to my blogging hobby.  Yet blogging is something I can't imagine not doing, even if I just don't always have the time and energy any more.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: blogging changed and enriched my life in so many ways.  That's a good enough reason to keep going into EuropeCrazy's 9th year!

However, I need to take a couple of weeks away to catch up with my backlog of blog posts which I still haven't had the time to finish!!  Check back here nearer the end of this month for EuropeCrazy's backlog bonanza :)

No comments: