Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm back...

...from a very wonderful five days in the Latvian capital, Riga. We both had a great time, the sun never stopped shining, the scenery was beautiful, and as usual there was lots of good food and drink to be had.

Full review on the way, I've been writing my travel journal and I'll publish little excerpts on here in the next few days.

Call me predictable, but I did my duty and popped into a record shop where I purchased a Prata Vetra CD and live DVD, and a compilation album of recent Latvian pop hits. I've still to listen to these and will review them on here soon.

I'm still coming to terms with the outcome of the two Eurovision semi-finals, (both of which I managed to catch the last 5 minutes of). It's good to see all five Nordic countries through to the final (we anticipate many a comment by Mr Wogan about the Nordic bloc vote) - but on the other hand I'm disappointed that Switzerland and Belarus didn't make it.

Also, I realise that many of my predictions from the other week were way off target! No Malta or FYR Macedonia or Andorra...oh and if we're gonna talk about Croatia, let's just say that I had some nice fillet of computer and keyboard in barbecue sauce :))))))

No comments: