Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The EuropeCrazy Holiday Hit List: Turkey 2009

Finally I'm getting round to Turkish things on the blog - sorry for the delay folks :) anyway what follows is a list of songs which will always remind me of my recent holiday in Icmeler. Some are current, and some aren't - whilst out enjoying the nightlife I felt as if I'd gone into a Europop timewarp, which was great fun :)))))

I took my radio with me and played it constantly in the hotel room, where we had a brilliant soundtrack of lots of radio stations playing uptempo Turkish pop tunes - Power Turk was probably my favourite station and thanks to the good old internet, the experience continues at www.powerturk.com. There was also Metro FM (http://www.metrofm.com.tr/) which played more international chart pop.

So here's my summer holiday soundtrack for 2009!!

Hotel Room Service/I Know You Want Me - Pitbull (Hotel Room is probably the song for us from this holiday - great party fun)

I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas (soundtrack to party time in Dream Boys)

Sexy B**** (not the "Chick" version!!) - David Guetta & Akon (ditto)

Poker Face - Lady GaGa (she's the new Rihanna - every holiday we go, she's everywhere)

Alice, Who The **** is Alice - Gompie (it never fails, does it? Even after all these years)

Country Roads/I Will Survive - Hermes House Band (tonight we're gonna party like it's 1998)

Turn Me On - Kevin Little (For very personal and hilarious reasons. All I'll say is, it involves a very hot waiter...!!!!)

Angels - Robbie Williams (you know it's after midnight when they play this :( )

Kalinka (this turns up in every waiter-show in town)

Ayo Technology - Katerine (IMHO not a patch on Milow's version, but heard it a few times)

I've Had The Time of My Life - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes (another song from Dream Boys' big Dirty Dancing finale)

Cha Cha Slide - DJ Casper (I should feel very ashamed that I know all the words???!!!)

Bu Böyle - Sertab Erener (yes the one and only 2003 ESC winner. Classy pop song)

Evlenmeliyiz - Hadise (can't be bothered with Dum Tek Tek, but this is very catchy)

Oh and we even heard Alexander Rybak's "Fairytale" at a stop-off on our last night on the way to the airport!

2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

I LOVE international radio recommendations, so thanks for those! Those opening few songs make for a killer start to any night, I'm sure.

Unknown said...

If you want to spend an unforgettable and crazy holiday why not flying to the most popular destination elected in 2009 by British holiday makers. There is plenty to do out there, OutdoorActivitiesinTurkey, and several stunning historical places to visit such as Ephesus, Troy, etc.. Night life can be crazy too, try BarsRestaurants&NightClubsinTurkey, they could be better than you expect! If you are looking for an affordable accommodation, check this out Cheap AccommodationsinTurkey. Flying to most of Turkey has become affordable and convenient with several budget airlines which offer competitive rates and reliable flights.