Saturday, October 10, 2009

Retro Saturday: Fad Gadget

If you're over 40 years old this might jog your memory...!

Real name Frank Tovey, I'm not familiar with any of his other songs but I always liked the controversial "Saturday Night Special" which was a fixture on the John Peel show on Radio 1 in 1982. Here's a clip of Mr Gadget doing the song live....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7fMcNTB75A

...I found this live performance of the song on the TV show "Riverside" - Mondays on BBC2 wasn't it? - which I used to watch back then. I remember (my favourite band of all time) New Order playing "Temptation" and "Chosen Time" on that show. I also remember the presenters were Mike Andrews and Steve Blacknell if I remember rightly. Wonder what happened to them?

Sorry but I've completely gone into nostalgia mode now :))))

No comments: