Monday, October 05, 2009

The return of Kent


Is this the most complete year of Swedish music ever? (well, almost - all we need is the return of Vincent Pontare and then I will be 100% happy!)

Anyway approximately two years after the release of Kent's last album "Tillbaka Till Samtiden" comes their brand new single "Töntarna" which was released digitally today. On first listen it's not as instant as, say, "Ingenting" and has a dark electro vibe to it. I always find that you need to listen to Kent songs a few times as they don't really grab you instantly but when they do, they don't let go. I wonder if this will have the same effect on me. For those who don't know, Kent is Sweden's biggest rock band and their music has an often dark, bleak tone....trying to find a comparison here, and for some reason I thought of Depeche Mode when I heard "Töntarna" for the first time.

New album "Röd" will follow in November, just in nice time for them to win their usual Grammis/P3 Guld/Rockbjörnen at the beginning of next year, I presume...!

3 comments:

Damian said...

You've read my thought about Vincent, by the way yesterday it was revelation of the day for me that his father is Roger. I'm not impressed by new Kent's single though... I expected much more...

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

It was a big surprise for me too when I found out (2 years ago) that Roger was Vincent's dad, the two of them certainly make very different music don't they!

Poster Girl said...

Ditto on wanting Vincent back and hoping this single grows on you. You're right that they're not always instant, though.