Sunday, March 28, 2010

The EuropeCrazy Holiday Hit List: Gothenburg, March 2010

Hej.....

I'm back from Sweden, from a rather fabulous weekend which included an updated contender for the best night of my life :)

Review of the concert to follow tomorrow at Planet Salem, once I gather all my thoughts and emotions together in a reasonable, logical place :)

Review of the rest of the trip to follow on here at some point soon, likewise :))

But in time-honoured tradition, here is my list of the songs which reminded me of my travels....

Keep On Walking - Salem Al Fakir: if this weekend was all-Salem, all-the-time, then thanks to the combination of Rix FM, Mix Megapol and P3, they ensured that I was never more than half an hour away from the theme song of my weekend....!

Manboy - Eric Saade: this went from being ever so slightly irritating around the time of MF, to being one of those songs which had us dancing around the hotel room. Even MF-hating faithful travelling companion was singing it by the end of the weekend :)

Kom - Timoteij: talking of whom, he's singing this non-stop too! I know it's probably wrong, but I like it too and I'm not ashamed to say it!!

Bad Romance - Lady GaGa: my other theme song of the weekend...I totally love this song and can't get enough of it!

You're Out Of My Life - Darin: one of the other major radio hits to come out of this year's MF.

Unstoppable - Ola: ditto. All over the radio, and I still like it :) Unfortunately I also heard a completely inappropriate remix of it at one point. I usually like these Swedish radio station remixes but that one didn't work for me :(

Whataya Want From Me - Adam Lambert: thankfully Sweden is really getting into him now - it's still to happen over here, but when it does it will be massive....

Walking In Memphis - Calle Kristiansson: a few months on from Idol and this is still getting lots of airplay. There's a remix of this too, and it's quite good.

Higher - Erik Gronwall: still getting airplay too.

All The Right Moves - OneRepublic: this seems to be doing pretty well, which is more than can be said for here in the UK when it was mainly ignored.

I'm Alive - Star Pilots: some good quality dance music, which you'd expect from them by now.

One more thing.....even though I had the radio on all the time, I only heard a certain Melodifestivalen 2010 winning song twice. Hmmm....

No comments: