Friday, March 12, 2010

This weekend...

....it's all about Melodifestivalen (and Your Country Needs You)

If I can do a little retail analogy, if Melodifestivalen is the Harrods of national finals, Your Country Needs You is the pound shop.

Anyway I'd like to wish the best of luck to everyone competing in our national final tonight and hope for two things: may the best act win, and I hope the song written by Stock & Waterman is more like "Never Gonna Give You Up" or "Better The Devil You Know" than...um..."Sheila's Wheels".

But I digress. It's all Melodifestivalen, all the time this weekend and I'll be blogging about it both here and at Planet Salem.

In the meantime, I wanted to share this very good article by Aftonbladet's Markus Larsson about MF, international juries and the possible outcome tomorrow night ....http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/melodifestivalen2010/article6764447.ab

By the way, I don't agree with the whole international jury idea. Unless my favourite wins of course :)))

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

As you know,I couldn't care less about Melodifestivalen,but myself and Keira will be supporting Salem all the way tonight.Normally for me it would be Andreas,but I'm really disappointed with We Can Work It Out.I hate to say it,but I think he might as well give up with MF now :(

That said though,it's not half as disappointing as our song.Calling it "That Sounds Good to Me" is always setting yourself up for a fall!

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Aww thanks!

If Salem wins I think I might spontaneously combust or something :))) Of course I like Andreas too, (yes I agree he should pack it in now) and Darin, but am disappointed by both their songs as I prefer them in more uptempo-mode. "Unstoppable" is my second-favourite song, but I just find "Manboy" to be a bit silly, and I can't get excited about "This Is My Life" as it's just too boring for me.

But regardless of all that, any of this year's songs are still a million times better than "That Sounds Good To Me" a.k.a. "tonight we're gonna party like it's 1989".