Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Melodifestivalen 2011: some more acts and songs announced

Via Aftonbladet: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/melodifestivalen2010/article7981242.ab

Some new acts and song titles were announced today...

1. Enemy
Songwriters: Niclas Lundin, Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad
Artist: Sara Lumholdt

2. I'm In Love
Songwriters: Bobby Ljunggren, Thomas G:son, Irini Michas, Peter Boström
Artist: Sanna Nielsen

3. In the Club
Songwriters: Figge Boström, Peter Boström, Danny Saucedo
Artist: Danny

4. My Heart Is Refusing Me
Songwriters: Moh Denebi, Björn Djupström, Loreen
Artist: Loreen

5. Social Butterfly
Songwriters: Amir Aly, Henrik Wikström
Artist: Rasmus Viberg

6. The Hunter
Songwriters: Kristofer Östergren, Erik Stenemo, Jon Axelsson, Niklas Stenemo – Melody Club
Artist: Melody Club

7. Tid att andas
Songwriter: Fredrik Kempe
Artist: Simon Forsberg

8. Try Again
Songwriters: Niklas Pettersson, Linda Sonnvik
Artist: Dilba

From that line-up I'm most excited about Danny and Melody Club.

Danny has appeared at MF as part of E.M.D. in the past but he has a great fanbase both in Sweden and internationally as a solo artist so it would make good sense for him to represent Sweden next year. But then again, when did the Melodifestivalen winner ever make international sense???? Anyway he's a great pop star but that title just reminds me of a lot of songs which have been hits in the last couple of years!

Melody Club meanwhile have also been popular over the years in Sweden and have a similar sound to The Ark (I think) and we know what happened to them....

Fans of the more traditional schlager (I'm not one of them, but I know a lot of you are) will be pleased to see Sanna Nielsen back this year. I thought she said a couple of years ago that she would never participate again in the competition? Oh well, as they say, "never say never again".

A couple of comebacks - Dilba with the appropriately titled "Try Again" whilst ex-A Teens Sara Lumholdt tries her luck at solo success.

I don't know anything about Simon Forsberg or Loreen or Rasmus Viberg, so their songs might be a pleasant surprise, who knows?

3 comments:

Damian said...

After 5 years of following MF I'm looking at huge international artists like Danny like at diamonds of future season with some opssible great hits but not like at potential winners. Sweden just never sends artists with chances of international career. I'm mostly excited about Dilba, love her already 4-5 years. Melody Club can bring some very nice stuff. I wouldn't be so excited by Sanna but I'm huge fan of Peter Boström, so it changed everything for me. Glad for Sara, she needs some more push for her career. And Loreen, Rasmus and Simon are pretty interesting as well, here's no uninteresting artists I think.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Yes Damian I absolutely agree - for a country with so many great artists, Sweden always seems to get it wrong when choosing its Eurovision artist. But I just enjoy the whole Melodifestivalen competition anyway from beginning to end and I'm sure 2011 will be no different.

Damian said...

That's my new point also - no matter who will win I'm not gonna be disappointed and ready to just enjoy the process :)