Sunday, June 24, 2007

Star Academy - some ramblings about series 4 and series 5

Thanks to Y** T***, I've been watching some old Star Academy clips from the 2004 series, which of course was won by the late Gregory Lemarchal. My favourite contestant in that series was Mathieu Johann, who made it to the final 4. Great to see these videos and I'd forgotten just how tall he was!!
I don't make a secret of the fact that series 5 was my least favourite, as it seemed to be the most manipulative (and manipulated) of them all. Inevitably the most talented contestants - Alexia and Jean-Luc (IMHO) didn't make it to the final.

Thankfully, talent will eventually prevail. Alexia is now part of the cast of "Salut Joe", a musical based on the songs of French legend Joe Dassin. The interesting thing is that the main performers are all ex Star Ac contestants: Mario & Carine (series 1), Houcine & Anne-Laure (series 2) and Alexia & Pierre (series 5).

Nothing has been heard of Jean-Luc till now, but we have just discovered that from October 2007 he will be starring in the French adaptation of the musical "The Lion King".

And what about Magalie Vae? That would be another story....

2 comments:

AcerBen said...

I really liked Jeremy Star Ac 5's single "A contre sens". Hope an album will follow soon coz he's taking his time! As are Cyril and Dominique!

I think I'm still morbidly obsessed with Greg, I can't stop listening to him, 2 of the new tracks are quite nice

Great blog btw, I've linked you on mine, any chance of a link please? ;)

Keep up the good work

AcerBen
http://popunlimited.blogspot.com

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Thanks Acer Ben! I've been reading your stuff for ages on Digital Spy and other places. Thanks for keeping the Star Ac flag flying. Glad you like the blog - yours is poptastic as well!