Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Put your hand on your heart and say it, say it, say it, say it again

A post about The Danse Society is well overdue I reckon.

The Danse Society, a band from Barnsley, came into my life in the early 80s when they released the brilliant "Heaven Is Waiting" album. I suppose you'd have called them 'goths', anyway I thought they made a very unique blend of electro-glamorous-futuristic-goth-dance-rock with deep dark vocals from Steve Rawlings which didn't match his beautiful babyfaced looks.

The most bizarre thing of all was that, in a last throw of the dice for commercial success, which sadly eluded them throughout their career, was to team up with then little-known production team Stock, Aitken and Waterman. Ridiculous, yes, but 22 years after its release, I now realise how good "Say It Again" is.

No comments: