Thursday, April 24, 2008

Nouvelle Star: It's back...and I didn't even know!!

Shame on me. For I have failed in my duty to bring news of France's other big reality-talent show. It seems no time since I was doing my weekly reports on the last series - can it really be a year? Apparently, yes.

Tonight I just discovered that we're a couple of weeks into the new series of "Nouvelle Star", which I've never liked as much as Star Academy, although 2 years ago it gave us a great winner - Christophe Willem, whose debut album "Inventaire" continues to be a favourite of mine. And, of course the very first series winner Jonatan Cerrada continues to make music and play live (thanks Rachel and Keira, for keeping me up to date!)

This year's remaining contestants are Amandine, Benjamin, Cedric, Jules, Kristov, Lucile, Thomas and Ycare. I only have the names at the moment - I haven't seen them or heard what they sound like, but I'll get on that in the next few days and should hopefully bring weekly updates from next week onwards. The link on M6's website wasn't working tonight, but fingers crossed that good old YouTube and Daily Motion won't let me down...!

No comments: