Friday, June 13, 2008

That new Coldplay album.

At the moment: listening to bits of Coldplay's "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends". This getting-Coldplay-albums-on-their-release-date thing is becoming a bit of a habit for me as I remember getting "X and Y" the day it came out, and playing "White Shadows" and "Talk" almost until the CD wore out.

It's not that I am a big Coldplay fan, not really, but there's something that draws me in and I can't really explain it.

However, I still don't understand what Chris Martin is about though. I was listening to him being interviewed on Radio 4's "Front Row" and he walked out when it all got too much for him. Maybe he prefers to let the music speak for itself, but in that case why do interviews at all?

Anyway this album sounds rather wonderful, the bits I've heard so far. I'm loving "42" and the title track already. Is it just me or is "Violet Hill" one of the weakest songs on the album though?

On first listen, this sounds like a great, epic album and even if you're not a fan then you might still find something on it to love.

No comments: