Monday, December 01, 2008

2008-50: No. 27 - Can I pass on the Serbo-Croat lyric??


"Beli Jablan" - Aleksa Jelic & Ana Stajdohar.

I'm no expert on Balkan pop but this was a refreshing little disco-tastic Serbian pop song which I still play a lot. Ridiculously catchy, even if you don't know a word of Serbo-Croat.
Have decided that Aleksa is probably my favourite Serbian pop star, and makes a nice change from the usual deep and meaningful Zeljko-type stuff which now always seems to represent them at ESC. This narrowly missed out on the chance to represent Serbia this year: more's the pity. I'd love to see Aleksa get the chance to represent his country one day though.

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

I thought I recognised the name of that song,and then realised I've had it on itunes for ages but never listened to it.It is rather good- if you like that,you might like some of the Romanian stuff I have too.Buna Dimineata by Hi-Q is a similar sort of song.