Friday, December 12, 2008

2008-50: No. 6 - We can dance all night with the bourgeoisie


"Lay Your Love On Me" - BWO.

My undisputed favourite of the 2008 Melodifestivalen, and I still can't get enough of it. It may have owed a little to "Hung Up" but mixed with some of the old BWO magic, the result was just a great pop song. Their performance on Melodifestivalen was one of the most memorable of this year's contest, and their visual style was as understated as ever - NOT!!

It was a good year for BWO: they released their fabulous greatest hits compilation "Pandemonium" which is a great introduction to their effortless, catchy Swedish pop. Oh, and did I mention that I was in love with Martin Rolinski? (yeah, shallow again, I know ....!)

Happy days ahead: they'll be back at MF in 2009.

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

EVERYONE should be in love with Martin Rolinski,he's beautiful :)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Yes he is indeed!!!!!! :))))))