Saturday, January 10, 2009

This week's playlist: there will always be another one

One Of The Others/The Astronaut/This Is Who I Am/Purple Lady/Twelve Fingers - Salem Al Fakir: from the stunning Berwaldhallen concert aired last week on Swedish Radio; songs from Salem's past and future, and what a bright future that will be.

Walking On A Dream - Empire of the Sun: already getting very excited about the 80s-retro-electro-pop of these awesome Aussies, who are being tipped for very big things in 2009. Their album will be great, from what I've heard of it.

Just Dance - Lady GaGa: back on the playlist purely because it has a genuine chance of knocking X Factor winner Alexandra Burke's tedious version of "Hallelujah" off the no.1 spot tomorrow: reason enough for rejoicing.

Dance Wiv Me - Dizzee Rascal, Chrome & Calvin Harris: I've had a little revival of this over the festive period and beyond, and why not: it's rather irresistible.

Allein Allein - Polarkreis 18: thanks to Rachel for mentioning this, now I can't get it out of my head. And I don't want to.

Hot Mess - Sam Sparro: second album due in Autumn 2009, in the meantime I've been hammering this and it's knocking on the door of my top 25 iTunes most played songs. The best Prince song that Prince never made.

Human/Spaceman - The Killers: more faves over the Christmas/New Year period, and no sign of them going away.

Raise - Bocca Juniors: from my little "Best of Retro Saturday" compilation which I made up over Christmas. An absolute dance classic - utterly amazing.

Te Quiero Mas - Formula Abierta: now here's a blast from the reality-Spanish-pop past. An obscure treat from some evicted Operacion Triunfo contestants who decided to cut their losses and form a pop group. And why not.

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

Glad you like Allein Allein- it's still pretty big over here,even heard the housemates on Big Brother singing it last night.A lot of people seem to want Polarkreis 18 to go for ESC this year,which would be pretty cool,but I can't see it happening.