Sunday, November 22, 2009

Idol 2009: another one bites the dust

Sorry I don't have time for a full review this week, normal service should resume next weekend.

Reza is the latest contestant to be evicted from Swedish Idol, I thought she might go this week after being in the bottom two last week with Eddie (yes I missed him this week, it's just not the same without him. Pass the Kleenex).

The one thing that did shock me though, was Erik's appearance in the bottom two: it proves just how strong the competition is this year. No 'John and Edward' types in Swedish Idol !

Calle seems to be on the up - he has a great rock voice and is very very good at what he does but I still don't see him as solo-singer material: I think he would be better fronting a band.

Tove showed another side to her style with a very nice version of "Himlen är oskyldigt blå" which is a lovely song by the late and much-missed singer-songwriter Ted Gärdestad.

Mariette has also recovered her form over the past couple of weeks and is again a contender but I'll stick my neck out and predict that Calle will go next week, followed by Mariette, with the finalists being Tove and Erik. But as my predictions usually turn out rubbish it will probably be a Calle-Mariette final. Who knows? They're all good in their own way, and so much better than anyone on X Factor.

Quite excited at the prospect of the "Idol 2004-2009" DVD coming out in Sweden towards the end of this year, will definitely need to buy that one.

2 comments:

Damian said...

Really??? Is 5-years Idol DVD gonna be released??? Oh, I should get it, I have 2004, 2006 and 2007, I downloaded all parts of 2008 and 2009 and feel quite stupid missing oppportunity to buy 2005 last March on Mrlodifestivalen-trip.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Hi Damian,

I found it at megastore.se: http://www.megastore.se/template/next%2CProduct.vm?itemid=2146532 - I haven't ordered from them before, so I don't know how reliable they are. I usually get all my Swedish CDs/music DVDs from CDON (if I'm not in holiday in Sweden that is!!). Strange thing about this one though is that the Swedish language version of CDON has it (listed under films section), but when you go to the English language version there is no sign of it, as they only display music or music DVDs, so I don't know if it would be possible to order it from them?

Shame on me as I haven't bought any of the previous Idol DVDs, so this would probably make up for that oversight :)