Sunday, March 01, 2009

German charts update

That rather nice "Broken Strings" by James Morrison & Nelly Furtado is currently top of the German singles chart this week. Highest new entry at no.5 is "The Colour of Snow" by Polarkreis 18, the follow-up to the brilliant "Allein Allein" (which is still no.7). I like this new song too.

Another major star with two songs in the top 20 is Peter Fox, who came to my attention with his rap on Miss Platnum's "Come Marry Me" a couple of years ago. "Schwarz zu Blau" (no. 3) is quite a dramatic and rather good track, whilst "Haus am See" has been around a lot longer and is still no.9.

Reamonn have been around with their big anthemic rock ballads for a few years and are still very popular - "Million Miles" is a new entry at no. 23. Nothing too original about this, but it's OK.

I remember Max Mutzke when he did ESC with "Can't Wait Until Tonight". I didn't know he was still around, but "Marie" is currently in the top 30.

Those in search of cheese will find much to enjoy in the current works of Tim Toupet and Michael Wendler.

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

I miss Germany so much *sniff sniff* :( I'm impressed Allein Allein is still going strong- it was before Christmas the first time I heard it.I love The Colour of Snow too.Have you heard the album yet?I'm intrigued about what the next single might be,seeing as there's not really anything else on there as radio friendly as those two.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

No I haven't heard the album yet - must check it out. Still think Allein Allein is a brilliant record, I noticed it had been in a couple of other European charts too.