Saturday, December 11, 2010

The 2010-50 - No.8: 'Cause it's about to get rough for you

"For Your Entertainment" - Adam Lambert.

One of those "grey-area" entries which initially emerged in 2009, but didn't really find its way to my ears until 2010 so that's why it's in this year's chart.

The first single and title track of Mr Lambert's debut album, this clearly proved that he is one of the best ever artists to emerge from an Idol show. Of course he didn't win - but did it really matter?

This song has spawned one shameless imitator; needless to say I was more than annoyed that Mike Posner's (inferior) "Cooler Than Me" has had such a long chart run over here when it's clearly an inferior rip-off of "FYE".

2 comments:

Damian said...

Didn't expect to get higher in your chart than Whatay Want From Me :) But it's truly great work, I never had doubts Adam will get huge international breakthrough no matter if he'll win or not. All I want now is to get his second album!

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

I guess it got a higher place in my chart as it was around for longer than WWFM and I played it a lot more - but they're both great songs, and he deserves to be a worldwide superstar.