Thursday, November 15, 2007

EuropeCrazy goes....dance crazy

I might not have mentioned this in the past but I've always liked dance music, mainly the commercial cheesy stuff that gets in the charts and on all those dance compilations which I can't get enough of.

So tonight I'm listening to "The Annual 2008", the latest Ministry of Sound compilation and just realising how much I love, love, love "Let Me Think About It" by Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand. (I had a laugh when I saw him called Freddie Le Grand on another website. Sounds like a 70s cabaret singer lol).

Big-haired dance diva Ida is actually from Denmark, so she definitely falls within our remit of covering European music. Actually, I don't have a very vast knowledge of Danish pop apart from Infernal, Aqua and Whigfield (!!) so that's something I need to rectify very soon. Anyway as we worship big hair here at EuropeCrazy HQ then that's at least a good enough reason to mention her.

And talking of that Ministry of Sound CD, and big hair, because I can't get through a day without mentioning a certain favourite Swedish singer of mine, the magnificent Axwell/Ingrosso mix of "It's True" can be found on "The Annual 2008", track 9 CD1 to be precise.

No comments: