Saturday, January 05, 2008

Retro Saturday: Brolle Jr


Moving on now to more recent times, to a Swedish singer whom I really liked about 4 or 5 years ago. Brolle Jr - real name Kjell Wallmark - auditioned for the Popstars TV show and was famously rejected for being too good! The Elvis-influenced singer was immediately offered a record deal and had hits with "Playing With Fire", "Heartbreak City", "Last Night" and "Sound of a Drum". The video for the latter can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3iu52OwFjM - I wasn't able to find videos posted for any of the other songs though.

Rumours persist that Brolle is about to make his comeback at Melodifestivalen 2008 as one of the as-yet-unannounced "wildcards" - I'm really excited about this as I think he's a great singer and I'd really love to see him in that competition. Watch this space.

No comments: