Monday, July 23, 2007

It's true....life will smile for you.

Will I ever be able to get through a day without listening to "This Is Who I Am"? Er....probably not. It is possibly the most joyous, life-affirming CD in many years, but if I don't stop playing it soon I'll probably need admitted to some kind of Salem-free rehab (no, no, no) but on second thoughts that's not such a good idea after all.
After wearing out the CD I've now moved on to the videos....
"Dream Girl": just seen the video on Y** T***. Three minutes of big-haired piano-playing brilliance.
There is also a video mash-up of "Dream Girl" and Kanye West's "All Falls Down" which works quite well as I thought that piano solo would be a great sample for a rap tune.
"Good Song" is still on SVT's site, smashing performance, he looks and sounds wonderful. What I really like about Salem is the absolute joy that he puts into every performance - he looks as if he enjoys every minute of it (as indeed I do of course). It being summer at Skansen, he then leads the crowd in a hilarious cheesy folk singalong. Unmissable!

No comments: