Sunday, December 06, 2009

The 2009-50: No. 14 - You don't know what it's like to live on the other side


"1000 Miles" - H.E.A.T.

An 80s hair-metal song co-written by Martin Stenmarck’s brother - what’s not to like? H.E.A.T. rocked their Melodifestivalen semi-final: initially my reaction to their Globen qualification was pleasant surprise but as time passed I realised that I shouldn’t have been so surprised after all, as it turned out to be one of the year’s most enduring tunes, with one of the year’s best key changes too!

Back in April, on our first night in Gothenburg, we were walking down Avenyn and I'll never forget this song booming out of the Hard Rock Cafe, it also got a lot of airplay on Swedish radio at that time. Of course the best thing about music is that it always reminds you of particularly special times, so this is a special song because it reminds me of Gothenburg 2009!

No comments: