Wednesday, December 23, 2009

This week's playlist: Tell me what you got in that box right now

Pandora's Box - Gerald de Palmas featuring Eagle-Eye Cherry: absolute standout track from GdP's new album "Sortir" (which I'll probably review on here sometime) - two of my favourite singers duetting on a wonderfully wonky acoustic-flavoured tune.

Whole New World - It Bites: still loving this. It's taken me 20-odd years to repeat its greatness, but I got there eventually.

Sing - Vivienne McKone: a delicious, obscure, unappreciated oldie from 1992, which I've recently rediscovered and still enjoy as much as ever.

Morning After Dark - Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado & SoShy: it's good to have him back again, although points deducted for using the dreaded autotune. I love his facial expressions in the video though! This is a real grower - I wasn't too fond of it to start with but by the third hearing I loved it.

Won't Go Quietly - Example: Liked his first single but this is soooo much better - such a catchy song with hit written all over it!

Gloria - Mando Diao: or to be more specific, the dance mix of this song which has done really well in the Swedish singles chart and is still getting a lot of airplay on Rix FM.

I Wish - Mini Viva: I'm probably not the only one who listens to this and has fond memories of the Vengaboys (!) anyway still loving "Left My Heart In Tokyo" and the follow-up's not that bad either. A real grower.

No comments: