Thursday, December 10, 2009

The 2009-50: No. 7 - I'm just in awe of what's in front of me


"Walking On A Dream" - Empire of the Sun.

Another one of those 'this was actually released in 2008 but I didn't become aware of it until 2009' technicalities.

I was introduced to this amazing band thanks to Poster Girl (who has introduced me to so much good music over the past couple of years); she had this song in her 2008 countdown. It’s made my 2009 list as it wasn’t released here till this year.....anyway this will have been many people’s introduction to this extremely inventive Australian duo and it still sounds as fresh, 12 months on.

Two words to describe this: completely awesome.

1 comment:

Poster Girl said...

Aww, that's sweet! Thank you :)

For what it's worth, your placing of this song is the one I'd be more inclined to go with now, not my original one; I loved it then, but it's held up SO well.