Thursday, December 10, 2009

The 2009-50: No. 8 - You shouldn't be talking to me


"Love Child" - Fibes, Oh Fibes!

Big, bold, timeless, bright, quality pop music will always have a warm welcome in my world, so it’s no surprise that this song - initially premiered in demo form on MySpace in 2008 - immediately soared into my affections and has never let go ever since.

The band from Gothenburg have deservedly got a lot of attention in blog-land this year, mainly due to "Run To You", the follow-up single to "Love Child" which was a duet with none other than Kim Wilde. Although I like that song, it still falls well short of the absolute greatness of "Love Child" which still remains so fresh every time I listen to it.

Yet again, like many of the other songs in my top 20, this will always remind me of my Gothenburg weekend....and its long run on the P3 Tracks chart afterwards. Terrific singalong chorus which in my parallel universe screamed top 10 from day one.

No comments: