Sunday, August 05, 2007

The EuropeCrazy Holiday Hit List: Part 6

Been a while since the last one! We've reached September 2001, and the destination was Barcelona.

Tuned in to Los 40 Principales radio station which played lots of Spanish stuff which I wasn't familiar with at the time. Over the next 2 years I'd soon rectify this, thanks to my obsession with Operacion Triunfo and Spanish pop in general.

Particularly fond memories of "Conmotion" by the Fundacion Tony Manero, a delightfully cheesy tribute to the days "when disco music ruled the world".

Songs of the holiday: "Little L" by Jamiroquai and a fantastic dance remix of Christopher Cross' "Ride Like The Wind".

Otherwise: "Dig In" by Lenny Kravitz; "Androgyny" by Garbage; and let's not forget "You're My Mate" by Right Said Fred!

During this holiday I discovered the music of Alejandro Sanz, whom I have continued to love to this day. Bought "El Alma Al Aire" which I'd recommend, particularly "Para Que Me Quieras". Now I'm no ballad fan, but there's something about Alejandro which always reduces me to jelly and this song is a perfect example.

Coming soon: 2002!

No comments: