Sunday, September 02, 2007

The EuropeCrazy Holiday Hit List: Spring 2004

Hope to finish this series by the end of this week, just in time for my next holiday.

Back to Barcelona this time for a short break, and armed with a shopping list of some musical items, notably David Bisbal's "Buleria", Bustamante's "Asi Soy Yo" and Nek's "Lo Mejor de Nek" - yes I know the latter is Italian, but I like him singing in Spanish :-))

Also bought Alejandro Sanz's "El Alma Al Aire" tour DVD but the sound on this is atrocious as the audience totally drowns him out all the way through.

The radio was constantly tuned to "Los 40 Principales" and here's some of the songs I remember:

"Dragostea Din Tei" - O-Zone. All together. Mai-a-hee, mai-a-hoo...ah they don't make holiday songs like that anymore..!
"My Band" - D12. You couldn't get away from the video on the music channels either.
"Malo" - Bebe. Was one of the biggest Spanish songs of that year.
"Lola" - Pastora. I rather liked this and remembered hearing their album being played in a record shop.
"Where Are We Running" - Lenny Kravitz. Spain loves Lenny Kravitz.
"Left Outside Alone" - Anastacia. She was very popular all across Europe at that time.

1 comment:

Poster Girl said...

I only know a little of Nek's work, but I love what I know...he'll have to get put on the "investigate further" list, then!

I love these playlists you do, by the way--it's a perfect way of getting caught up on stuff I missed out on, since most places just write about what was big in the UK.