Saturday, September 08, 2007

This week's playlist: I wanna give you a good song

Good Song/It's True/This Is Who I Am/Tell Me/Count Me Out - Salem Al Fakir: what a week it's been. The Monica Zetterlund prize, an MTV Europe Music Awards nomination, the remix of "It's True" appearing on two dance compilations, and another week in the EuropeCrazy playlist. And I still love him......
Stronger - Kanye West: clever, clever, clever sampling.
Wake Up Call - Maroon 5: I don't like the video, but the song's good, although not as good as "Makes Me Wonder".
Everything - Michael Buble: Recent hit which I'm now playing quite a lot.
The Way I Are - Timbaland: another week - I'm loving it.
Suburban Knights - Hard-Fi: excellent first single off their second album.
Bejbi - Snook: previously explained and extremely shallow reasons for liking this. Good though.
Garcon - Koxie: OK, OK, I give in. Incredibly irritating, but I find myself wanting to listen. It's "Breathe" by Blu Cantrell under another name, reason enough to like. "Gare aux cons, gare aux cons, dee dee dum......"
The Angry Mob - Kaiser Chiefs: another week for this underrated tune.
4 In the Morning - Gwen Stefani: this is rather nice, I didn't realise it was her until recently.
Handle Me - Robyn: initially doubted this as a single choice but it's a real grower. She is a bit weird. But she is good.

No playlist next weekend as I'll be in Berlin: the playlist will return on the weekend 22/23 September.

No comments: