Saturday, September 29, 2007

Retro Saturday: "Tiger Feet" - Mud

I was always different.

Whilst my chums were debating who's best - the Rollers or the Osmonds - there was only one early 70s band for me - the mighty Mud!

Yes they were terminally un-hip, and let's face it Les Gray just wanted to be Elvis, but I defy anyone of a certain age not to do the dance to "Tiger Feet" when it gets played at a party.

Thanks to YouTube I am now able to relive my Mud-obsession - they've got "The Cat Crept In", "Dyna-Mite", "Rocket" and best of all, my other favourite Mud song, "Shake It Down" which came out in 1976 and reached no.12, was a break from their usual style and was more disco-flavoured.

Rob Davis, the guitarist with the big, big earrings, went on to become a top pop songwriter of course, with hits including Spiller's "Groovejet" and Kylie's "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" and "Come Into My World".

No comments: