Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm back!

I've spent the past week in Berlin - what a great city. Over the next week I'll be doing my "10 things to love" feature and another "Holiday Hit List" - the final one till my next holiday.

The German capital is huge and sprawling, but surprisingly we managed to get around and covered a big area in such a short time. There were so many great things to do and no shortage of places to see. You must do some or all of the following: Checkpoint Charlie, the DDR Museum, the remnants of the Berlin Wall, the Brandenburg Gate, Alexanderplatz, the TV Tower, the Nikolaiviertel, a river cruise, stroll down the Kurfurstendamm... yes we did all of these and more, and even had time to eat, drink and sleep (it can be done, thanks to Berlin's wonderful public transport system). And yes!!!!! We saw Knut!!!!! Knut the polar bear is of course the city's most famous celebrity of recent months, and he certainly loves the limelight.

2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

It's great to have you back :) I have a friend who's planning to move to Berlin soon, so if I get a chance to visit her, I'll definitely have to check out some of the places you recommend!

Wow, that's Knut? It doesn't seem all that long ago he was tiny!

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Nice to be back, but missing Berlin already - definitely plan to go back there again someday.

Yes Knut's no longer the little cute and cuddly cub - he's really grown, but he still knows how to work a crowd!